Friday, May 3, 2013
My Top 5 Trend Items of the Moment...
Add one (or all) of these must have babies to your new season wardrobe for instant style cred!
1. LEATHER JOGGER PANTS - Leather is HUGE right now and it is going against expectations this season. Instead of the predictable super tight leather look it has now been reworked with a slouchy more relaxed look (cue collective sigh ladies)
Sportsgirl have done an amazing pair you can pick up for $99. Beware though, these should be worn with some sort of heel to ensure they retain their luxe intention. And unfortunately for us whom are more vertically challenged the pants can shorten the legs even moreso ... but hey, why not just up the heel!
A-SYMMETRICAL SKIRTS - I had an elderly lady sit next to me on a tram whilst I was in Melbourne recently. We were talking Fashion week when she spun into a rampage over "those hemlines". She advised me that she knew many men that were disturbed by the fact they were not straight and 'what's wrong with the girls, can't they fix those crooked skirts. I don’t know about you but that was motivation enough for me to go and buy two! That’ll knock them off their rockers!
CUT OUT BOOTS – It started a year ago for me when a certain 'JC' stamped cut out boot caught my eye mid scroll. Unfortunately my stick thin ankles and my student bank balance had reservations over the chunky beauties. But now in good old 'Jeffrey Campbell trend starting' fashion a zillion pairs have now surfaced that are fantastic and much more flattering on my ‘circumference challenged’ ankles. To say I am in shoe heaven is an understatement.
GEOMETRIC PRINTS – I have recently purchased a pair of these funky geo printed cigarette pants. And I am in love! What a way to funk up an outfit. Just add a simple black tank, ankle boots, a statement necklace and you have rocked it.
SEE-THROUGH BAGS - I haven't purchased one of these yet but it is certainly on my 'To Buy List'. A little daunting for some peoplem, and a chance for others to brag, these 'Plastic Fantastic' see-through clutches are a statement of their own. For all those personal items you do not want to share with the world add a funky coloured zip up pouch and Voila you've basically customised your own clutch!
xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment